Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last Day of our Vacation . . .

We spent our last day at the Magic Kingdom again. The day started out perfect! We were having a blast! It was raining, but that made the lines shorter and to tell the truth, it was actually warmer than it had been for most of the rest of the trip. We bought some ugly touristy ponchos and didnt' let anything stop us . . . until Peter's fever spiked. I took him into the first aid station and he was almost 103 degrees. They gave him some motrin and he and I found someplace inside to hang out while Charlie and Mike went on more rides. We decided that we'd stay for the fireworks. It was only a couple hours away and it was our last night and Charlie and Peter had yet to stay awake for a fireworks show. Well when the fireworks started we couldn't see a thing. The fog had set in around the castle. I was so sad! But it gets worse from here.

We got to the car had realized that not only had we locked the keys inside, they were in the ignition. And the car had been running all day long! I broke down. It was cold. Peter was still feverish, but refused to keep a blanket on. I felt like the trip had been a big mistake. You know how you can't see the big picture when you're in the middle of a crisis? I was in total crisis mode. Mike got a number for a locksmith from the guys driving the tram. He sent me back to the store at the monorail station to wait somewhere warm.

Then Disney service stepped in.When I got there they were starting to close up. I broke down crying again and they invited us in while they were doing their closing duties. A manager came and talked to me. He brought me a wheel chair and called it my throne. He took the tram out to check on Mike and gave him directions to the close parking lot so that he could come right up to get us. The locksmith followed Mike to the gas station so that he could help push if he didn't make it on fumes. Then the locksmith led Mike back to get me and wouldn't accept a tip. I ended up leaving what could have been a horrible ordeal, with a smile on my face. It's amazing what a little kindness can do.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

The boys' favorite store
Peter was so serious about driving the cars.

The Teacups of course!
So excited to meet Buzz. We tried to wake Peter up for this one, but he refused to let anything get in the way of his nap.
The Parade.
Charlie insisted on waiting in line to meet a princess. Then at the end of the line, there were three!


Peter REALLY wanted one of those cupcakes. I've actually been thinking about them a lot lately too.

The castle all decked out for winter.
The fogged out fireworks show.

We had a great time! I loved being there with my family! I think the trip was a little bit long for how young our boys are, but I still wouldn't trade a moment of it. Well maybe the moment I broke my camera, or the moment the maid took Peter's blanket, or the moment Peter got sick, or the moment we were so excited to get in the park that we locked ourselves out of the car . . . ;)

And now back to blogging about the usual day to day . . .

1 comment:

~ m said...

How in the world did you leave your car running? I'm sorry you had some rough patches on your vacation. . . but now you'll have some fun stories to scrapbook. Or they will be fun after you've forgotten how annoyed you were at the time. ;)