Last Saturday, we got up at 6, drove for 3 hours, stopped to see my sister-in-law, drove another hour, went to the zoo, drove for another hour, attended a baby shower/welcome to the family party for Mindy and Kristel (the birth mother who picked her), drove another 1/2 hour, visited with my cousin, Linsey, and her family, drove another 1/2 hour to IKEA where we bought at toddler table for Charlie, and then drove 4 hours home, arriving at about 1am. It was busy, but it was also a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the only place I took pictures was at the zoo. I feel bad that I didn't get any at Mindy's party. I don't know what I was thinking! But it was fun to see her and her family . . . and to meet Kristel and her family. Mindy and Kristel even look alike. I can't wait to see that cute baby girl!



Charlie's favorite parts of the zoo were the elephants, the giraffes (jeffs), and this big marble ball fountain.
4 comments:
I'm tired just reading it! Whew!!!
Sounds exhausting but like you got to do what you wanted, The zoo pics are great. It is fun to see where Charlie has "climbed to". He must be related to Mike.
what a busy day, I can't believe the kids lasted that long! That's a cute pouch sling that you have with peter, did you make it? You know what's great about those kinds of busy trips? Coming home & not being in the car anymore!
I like my sling too. I didn't make it, someone gave it to me. It's from www.sproutpouch.com . But now after having one, I would readily buy another one. The ones you make (that I saw on your blog) are adorable Leslie! Maybe one day I'll get creative and figure out how to do it too.
Post a Comment