Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life is good.


After more than a week of painful (but unproductive) contractions, my doctor took pity on me and scheduled me for an induction. We got to the hospital at 5am and baby was born at 5:22pm. He was a little purple at birth, but screamed like a champ. He's perfectly healthy and I'm absolutely in love with him already. Everything went very smoothly. I had wonderful nurses and an amazing anesthesiologist. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

And I have to give a shout out to Mike. He was so wonderful and helpful and supportive. I couldn't do it without him.


The little boys were beyond excited to meet this new little brother. Peter was amazed that we "get to keep him." My mom bought cupcakes for the boys to bring for this special birth day and after 7 weeks of gestational diabetes, you can bet I enjoyed every single bite.




Before going home to go to bed, Charlie and Peter got to watch the new baby get a bath. I wasn't there for this part, but I hear they were hilariously entertaining while they watched.



We've got the names narrowed down to about six, so hopefully by the end of the day we'll be able to make a decision. Baby was so good throughout the night, sleeping through most of it and cooing through the rest. We are so excited to have him here safely and so excited to see what changes he will bring to our not-so-little-anymore family.







4 comments:

Allen Family said...

Congrats!!!! What a darling little family. Thanks for posting such a wonderful blog. Love Brenda

Beth said...

He is beautiful! Have fun snuggling that sweet little boy.

Jennifer V said...

Would you bottle up an ounce or two of that new baby smell and send it my way? He is just precious. Enjoy every second and congrats!

Mindy said...

Oh, Kirsten, he is so beautiful, and I can't wait to meet him! Congratulations to you and all of your boys!!!