![]() |
| My brother and I reading with Grandma E |
I've been working on a few family history projects lately. Scanning pictures mostly, but I've also been listening to my grandma read Ramona the Pest on cassette tape. She originally made the tapes (and three others) to help us stay entertained on the LONG drive to see her. We lived in Northern California and she and Grandpa lived in Southern Colorado. Finding the tapes now though, is much more than entertainment. They are an absolutely priceless. I love that I can hear her turning the pages of the book. I love the different inflections she uses for Ramona, Beezus, and their mother. I love when she makes a little mistake and corrects herself. She passed away in 2003 and I miss her terribly, but what a wonderful gift. Something that took so little money, but a lot of time and a lot of love. I'm putting them on CD so they will last forever.

1 comment:
My grandma did the same thing for us! Except she read us Serendipity books. They ARE priceless. How are you going to get them on CD's? I'd like to do that also.
PS Seeing a picture of you as a little girl is so fun! I can tell it's you!
Post a Comment