It's been nice lately. Weirdly so. And not normal for this time of year, but we are enjoying it. Sitting outside, riding bikes to the park. We finally got grass replanted in our back yard. I don't know if you remember, but we evened it out last summer and covered most of our grass with new dirt. It's starting to grow and I'm thrilled. I can't wait to get the hammock out and enjoy our back yard again!
Charlie has twenty something days of school left and I'm actually excited. I know some people dread when their kids get out of school, and I think when they are older I will too. But right now when I'm home with the others anyway, and I can't really go anywhere because I have to be here to meet the bus at 11:00, I think I'll actually have more freedom with him home. I have such great plans for the summer. I'm going to hide the Wii and I'm working on a summer school program to do with them. I hope I can follow through with all my great intentions.
We've got Peter signed up for preschool. It's the same one that Charlie went to. He's nervous, but excited. And Mari is in his class so he'll have a friend in there. He's loved Joy School this year, but I think he needs to do something he's a little uncomfortable with- some new friends and a teacher he doesn't know. Plus, we loved this teacher when Charlie was in there.
Mike took his professional engineering exam two weeks ago. We won't find out if he passed for about 10 weeks. The suspense is killing us! But he did get is big overpass project done. It went out to bid and they've chosen a contractor and will start construction in the next few weeks. It's going to take a while, but I'm excited to see his design come together in the "real world."
Andy is just as sweet as ever. He's holding his head up really well and can roll from his tummy to his back. I saw a few newborns at church on Sunday and I'm amazed at how much bigger he was. It's really not fair how fast they grow up.
As for me, I'm working hard on my Spanish class. Two more tests and I'm done. FINALLY! And then I can renew my teaching certificate. I'm also teaching some more piano lessons. I know I get paid for them, but it really is a fun little break in my day. And I've got some great kids to teach.
And now, just for fun:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A bunch of ward families and our friends are meeting every Wednesday at a different park from 11:30-1:30 this summer. You guys should join in. And tell other people. The more the merrier!
Post a Comment