Monday, December 12, 2011
You know it's time to have a baby when you start growing out of most of your maternity clothes. With three and a half weeks until my due date we're ready. Well as ready as we can be. I'm a little worried about giving up so much of my freedom. Charlie and Peter are both potty trained. They can get in and out of the car by themselves. They are both going to school. They get up in the morning and entertain themselves without needing me. They can even find their own snacks and feed themselves. I'm not sure I'm ready for diapers and feeding schedules and baby car seats and middle of the night awakenings. But I am ready to meet this little guy and figure out what his name is. (We're still totally stuck, although we did really like some of your ideas.) I'm ready to get him off my bladder and into my arms. I'm ready for my two favorite little boys to meet this new one. They are so excited and they like to whisper secrets to him and sing him lullabies. Charlie is completely perplexed about how the doctor is going to get the baby out of there and I'm definitely not ready to have that conversation yet. If any of you have good ideas of how to explain that one, please tell me.
In the meantime, we're making sure that the baby doesn't overshadow our Christmas festivities. Christmas cards are ready to be sent after I buy some stamps. The tree is done. Presents are ordered or bought. I'm hoping to get to those homemade gifts I have planned. And we're having fun with our family activity advent calendar. Our activity for today . . . writing up a questionnaire and doing video interviews so we can always remember what our favorite things were in 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So exciting for you guys to be adding to your family in the next couple of weeks! I know what you mean though about starting all over again. We have talked about having another one, but like you, do I really want to get up at night again?! :) I still have 2 in diapers, so I can't complain about going back to diapers. All though we have been trying to get Sophia out of diapers for a while, but she is proving very difficult. :)
Hope you guys have a good Christmas!
I unintentionally let L. watch a Baby Story show in which the mother had a c-section while I was pregnant with E. There hasn't been a single question since then! Either tell him honestly (you probably won't need a lot of details), or let him come up with his own awesome explanation and believe it's true . . . or just let him see a c-section :-)
PS- are you coming caroling tonight?!?
Post a Comment