Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Family Pictures Attempt #1

My dad came to visit this weekend and we decided to take advantage of him. We made him take some pictures of our little family, but it proved to be too difficult a task. This is what he had to put up with.

Cranky Kids
Sad because the lighting was so fantastic here!


Weird-faced Mike and lots of shadows.

This would have been fun if the kids could stay standing . . . but they insisted on hanging down and letting us drag them.


I think this one is the best one we got, and Mike still looks funny. We'll be trying again . . .


Have you ever seen that episode of Friends where Chandler and Monica are trying to get engagement pictures taken and Chandler can't take a good picture . . . and every time the camera is in front of him he automatically makes this stupid face that makes it look like he's in pain. Mike totally does that. I have the hardest time getting him to make a normal face in a picture.

Wish me luck for "Family Pictures Attempt #2." I'm going to need it.

6 comments:

Porter Family said...

Good luck! We'll be attempting the same in a few weeks. I just need to get a bit excited about it.

Casey and Lisa said...

That's so funny! They are still cute pictures though. Casey always "over smiles" it is pretty funny. I've been trying to organize matching outfits for our pictures for weeks now. Shows how much thought I've put into it :)
Your jackets are a cute idea!
And - So what are you boing for Halloween?

Yearsley couple said...

O my heavens I love your cute family. It must be hard to get all of the attention focused on the camera at the right time and them all smiling. I feel for ya darlin and wish you luck with your next attempt, just keep trying eventually you will get it!!! love ya tons

mickelsenfamily said...

Oh the joys of taking family pictures. You all look great :)

Stace said...

It's funny because I think you always have this perfect family picture in your mind...........and you never get it! Although, kids being kids is pretty perfect too I guess.

linsey said...

Kirsten-you look amazing!